Saturday, March 6, 2010

Zoo Time




I met up with Lydia and Rigby at the zoo :) I had I great time too!
Rigby is a very cute baby and I love his potbelly.




It was a tiring event for my kids. They passed out in the car going home.


Today's Weardrobe inspired outfit...


Garden Hat

Last night I was procrastinating homework for a long time, so I decided to cut bangs, also inspired by the ladies of weardrobe.




I picked on of these up at the grocery store for a few dollars. I haven't tried brewing this method yet so I thoght it was about time. I used unbleached paper filters rinsed in good water first so that the taste of the filter would not be in the coffee. It took me three tries before I perfected the right grind so the coffee was not bitter from overextraction (from using too fine of a grind). All in all the flavors and aroma were good but this method lacks body. I was using the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe though, which needs more body for a good cup. I prefer the french press for the Yirgacheffe for this reason but I can imagine the manual drip being perfect for a lighter cup of a coffee with lots of body, Maybe a Sumatra? I'm going to Gloria Jeans soon to pick up other origins to try, I think i'll get the Kenya AA and Sumatra if it's fresh out of the bag.


Two tablespoons ground yeilds about 5.5 oz. A perfect amount for me! I can 't imagine drinking 20 oz of coffee like most people..!

5 comments:

  1. man now I want my bangs back!!!! I just grew them out. it's too hot in the summer though that's why I get them every winter. glad you decided to get together with Lydia, she's pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and good job on getting the single serve coffee brewer, that's what I used mainly, I really like it. (can't beat French press though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so fun going to the zoo with Lydia & her son! i LOVE the picture of maddy w/ the peacock. your outfit is really cute & the goodwill hat is great! i actually like it better than the one i got from Zara in Spain. & you are really cute w/ bangs!

    marie, why don't you just have bangs in the summer but clip them to the side when you're outside in the heat? i'd think that wouldn't mess them up... but you know i'm the messy hair girl who knows nothing about this stuff! but i can say you are so cute w/ bangs too!

    meg- it's incredible to me that you can know so much about coffee just by the taste, how it could taste better by brewing, etc. i never even used to think of that before. this is definitely a good sign you will be a good coffee shop owner! (and i hope my coffee ignorance wouldn't discredit me from being an occasional barista, because you know i do love coffee!) muah muah

    ReplyDelete
  4. And his potbelly loves you, or at least your pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dus you can be my Barista anytime!!!! We will teach you the way of good coffee! You will never want creamer again. And you will never drink it anywhere but home or our place (well MAYBE cartel and lux if you dont tell).

    ReplyDelete