I took this picture of the garden last week before I started working on it. Now what you see here is dug up and weeded by yours truly but I still have about 3/4th of the way to go. IT is so much work to do and weeding is very annoying but once I plant seeds there won't really be much to do and I'll have yummy vegetables! Also, behind that corner is an avocado tree we planted. I'm guessing it won't actually make avocados for about 5 or 6 years though. It will be worth the wait.
On Sunday we spent half the day at Ikea! It was fun and we got some inspiration on how to paint Madeline's and Ben's new shared room. We didn't buy much, just a light, wall hooks for the kids, and these wall hooks for by the garage door. It helps a lot to have a place to put your stuff when you walk in instead of putting it in the kitchen.
On Sunday we spent half the day at Ikea! It was fun and we got some inspiration on how to paint Madeline's and Ben's new shared room. We didn't buy much, just a light, wall hooks for the kids, and these wall hooks for by the garage door. It helps a lot to have a place to put your stuff when you walk in instead of putting it in the kitchen.
Now that the kids share a room we don't really have plans for Ben's old room. I had this desk that I had found at goodwill and painted white sitting in the garage. It's missing a leg and I need to put handles on it, but It's cute considering it was only a few dollars. I guess we can use this space for work/school. My mom is giving us a single ben so we can also have a little guest room. Come stay at my house everybody!!!
We couldn't really move Ben's bookshelf because its screwed into the wall. I though I could put my school books and supplies on it though!
In their new room, we painted exactly half green and left the other half pink. This table was also a goodwill find and I painted it with the extra paint left over and then put stars on it. Not my favorite thing but I did the best I could with what I had. Let's just say if I saw this in a store I would not buy it!
I've been trying to design things for the shop too. I made this with pen, india ink, and watercolors. I don't know what it could be used for though. I def got this idea from lux, so I don't think I would actually use this. I also made two logos on Adobe Illustrator but they are still works in progress. I need some inspiration! Any ideas?
You'll have to take an "after" picture of the garden after all your weed-wacking! good job!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pegs, what a cute umbrella there (haha), adorable pegs for the kids room & you have such cute decorations for their rooms! They are cute and fun but they aren't the typical tacky plastic kids toys and decorations most people have nowadays. Not like I would expect another other than cute, vintagy decorations in their room as well!
I think the table is really acute actually!! I like the maybe fake drawer. & that desk is so cute! what a good goodwill find (even missing a leg). Maybe you can keep transforming ben's room into your study/creative room for your schoolwork and art projects. that should be less stressful to have a whole room to put this stuff in now.
i love the picture of Maddy and the caption couldn't be more fitting. She doesn't look like a baby there (or maybe anymore). She looks like a really pretty little girl!
Your Coffee Press drawing is so cute! I didn't know you were a good drawer also! I have an idea for a design that involves a french press but instead of pressing down/out coffee it is a card... it could be pouring a card out instead of coffee? maybe that sounds weird, i dont actually have it fully visualized but that's just 1 idea i have so far. love you!
Draw it for me so I can see! (You are probably 1,000% better than me). i love you!!
ReplyDelete