Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesdays

This morning we got up and made the most simple, tastiest breakfast.


Biscuts and honey!


With extra gobs of honey on mine..this makes me very happy.


Then we took a trip to the library. Maddie and Ben got to play in the new children's area. I was going to pick up some books for my design class research project but then I learned that's just not possible with two certain kiddies...so we went to the 747's (yes, I have a nickname for my favorite section. I'm a dork...) and quickly grabbed a few books that looked good.

I was leafing through them at home and realized that I'd gotten this same book like 10 times before! I think I forget about it but every time I'm browsing it looks promising. So I looked it up on Amazon and it was only five dollars including shipping! That was exciting because it's actually a huge, thick, hardcover. Anyway It's really good and I'm excited to own a copy. If you like really simple design like me you'll like this book, it's definitely worth checking out. She lives very simply with her family so it's nice to read the advice she gives. She also has other books out that I'd like to read and a nice website. This really inspires me to be more simple in my life, I like to pick it up when I feel like I want a million things.



We spent the rest of the day playing, it was quite nice!


Nathan is working hard on our bathroom vanity. Hopefully it will be done very soon and I can get some before and after pictures up here!

On a side note: I picked up some organic Sumatra at Trader Joe's today and I'm excited because I've been wanting to try that origin for a while. Tomorrow I'm going to the new Cartel location with Marie and I'm pretty excited to see what they have to offer! Hopefully I'll get some pictures of that too.

2 comments:

  1. I am so in love with your little toots! Seriously those pictures of them eating are the cutest ever. and them playing is priceless. i hope my children turn out to be even half this cute! luckily people always think their own babies are cute so i guess it's not like i'd be dissapointed because being as cute as these two is nearly impossible! did you make the biscuits from a mix? that's funny that you always pick up the same book! I am reading about it now, it looks great. I contemplated ordering it through Amazon as well, but I think it might just get me down knowing that I can make no changes to the house I'm currently living in or will be living in later until I'm back home.

    ReplyDelete