After lunch I decided to do a little yard work. Which is something that Nathan usually does. One time I mowed the front lawn. That sums up my yard work history besides gardening. I grabbed the mower, weed whacker, and rake from the shed and started working while the kids were on the trampoline. I had never used a weed whacker before, but it was neccesary to whack the entire yard first because there were so many weeds and the grass was so tall it looked like a jungle. I'm not gonna lie, it was actually really fun to go at the weeds with that thing. The downside was that this took me an hour. Then I went over my whack job with the mower, this took me another hour. Then I took about forty min cleaning up and raking the excess into a bag. I have to say that experience was one of the best workouts I've had in a while, but I can see why Nathan never wants to do it because it takes forever and kinda sucks!!! Now I have to to the front yard. Not really looking forward to that though. And I have blisters on my hands :(
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
I Don't Need No Stinkin' Man
After lunch I decided to do a little yard work. Which is something that Nathan usually does. One time I mowed the front lawn. That sums up my yard work history besides gardening. I grabbed the mower, weed whacker, and rake from the shed and started working while the kids were on the trampoline. I had never used a weed whacker before, but it was neccesary to whack the entire yard first because there were so many weeds and the grass was so tall it looked like a jungle. I'm not gonna lie, it was actually really fun to go at the weeds with that thing. The downside was that this took me an hour. Then I went over my whack job with the mower, this took me another hour. Then I took about forty min cleaning up and raking the excess into a bag. I have to say that experience was one of the best workouts I've had in a while, but I can see why Nathan never wants to do it because it takes forever and kinda sucks!!! Now I have to to the front yard. Not really looking forward to that though. And I have blisters on my hands :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good job for doing all that yardwork! It does suck! I remember doing that sort of crap back when I was younger. You should try to put music on really loud (just pretend you're latino/mexican) so you can actually hear it through all that and see if it sucks any less!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big fan of biscotti because I just really love soft cookies, which are one of my favorite desserts, so it's like a bad, hard cookie to me, even though I know they're special! This will sound lame but I think the fact of loving a food so much that you sit down & really enjoy it (especially paired with the right drink, i this case coffee) is something really important. Eating everything on the go without savoring and appreciating the flavors is a big problem for most Americans.
btw- i just wrote a new post finally!
You're right Dusana! Biscotti is a good way to slow down and appreciate life a little more. I think that is also the goal in eating raw, to enjoy the flavors and textures. Of course, sometimes I'm so hungry I have to scarf food down haha. If you dip your biscotti in coffee it becomes soft. But I'm the opposite of you and I like my cookies hard!!!
ReplyDelete