Friday, February 12, 2010

Faux Ballerina





I can't believe these shoes are eight years old. I first got them when I was a sophomore in high school! One day Heather brought me two big pink pieces of ribbon because she liked my ballerina slippers and thought I should wear ribbon with them, so I did. When I got them out of the closet yesterday the ribbon was old, dirty, and fringed so I went to Michael's and bought new ribbon. I will always love these shoes because I can pretend like I'm a pretty ballerina for a minute and they remind me of high school, although I'm pretty sure people just thought I was weird for wearing these around. Madeline thinks I'm the worlds best ballet dancer after I showed her my moves (Ha!) when we were dancing to classical piano music this morning...she has some pretty good ones herself!

1 comment:

  1. I love these and I love that you were pretending to be a bailerina & dancing w/ maddy! i love how little kids always think we're so good at everything. you are such a good photographer too! how did you photograph yourself like that? i like them all but i especially love the bottom one because of the lighting. you should print one our big scale & frame it & put it in maddy's room.

    ReplyDelete