Monday, February 22, 2010

A busy weekend


This weekend was very busy for me! I did a lot with the kids and also did a lot of school work too. My stats midterm is this week so I'm studying extra hard!!! I took the kids to the park on Friday. This is the prettiest tree ever, it's right next to the playground area.



On Sunday Nathan and I went to see Shutter Island. I thought it was actually pretty good. It was definitely very intense, but not as scary as the preview makes it out to be. I think most movies that Leonardo DiCaprio does are pretty good though...I really liked Blood Diamond, Revolutionary Road, and The Aviator. I can't really talk about the movie without giving away the story but I can say you should go see it!

Today my order from Cath Kidston came in the mail. Cath Kidston is a company based in the U.K. and they have some super cute stuff like bags, purses, wallets, kitchen things, and stuff for kids. Not all of it is cute though, some of her stuff is very old english lady looking. Because I couldn't find another reason to justify spending money there, I told myself I was buying myself an almost a month early birthday present :). Fortunatly it was money well spent because I really like what I ordered. It's all made from oilcloth too, so it will be very durable and last for a very long time unlike those crappy wallets I usually pick up from Forever 21. I suppose I couldn't chose just one purse because I liked all of the styles below, but that's okay because it's time for me to be more organized in my bags anyway. Usually it's like a black hole and I can't find anything i'm looking for.


I got a clasp purse, a case for my ipod and or phone, and an ID/change wallet


I couldn't resist getting this mini clasp for Madeline to play with!


I got a book bag because I needed something cute to carry my homework around in when I study elsewhere. Hopefully this will last me forever, I don't think I will ever get sick of polka dots!

I went to Target on Sunday to pick up some cleaning supplies and other boring items when I came across these Converse in the clearence rack! I was so excited because they are pretty sparkly converse that were only $8.00!!! Usually they are $40.00. Needless to say I was pretty proud of my find.


Here is a looksy at my latest assignment for 2D art.
Nothing exciting but I thought I should maybe show my progress in class.

3 comments:

  1. I secretly read your blog right now at work and I feel so sneaky… the wallets, clutch & coin purse you got are so cute! I hope they do last a long time, if anything they will last longer than F21 & you can feel better that you’re not supporting their child labor (well I’m just assuming that’s what they use & that’s why everything is so damn cheap).

    Well these links have nothing to do with your post but i was looking up this staff for work and thought it was totally relevant to your coffee shop, and that you might want to talk about this in your strategic plan for you small business shop.

    First read this link:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/business/smallbusiness/23twitter.html?_r=2&em

    Then this if you don’t know too much about twitter:
    http://business.twitter.com/twitter101/

    So regarding this I thought it would be such a good idea to actually have whoever is the Barista in the shop at the moment (or you of course) post things depending on the day, like if it is really slow post “moody Monday afternoon special, half off on X” or if it’s a nice day out “half off on any drink for customers who ride there bike here,” rainy day, deal if you come in rainboots, saint patty’s day, green deal…… well maybe those aren’t good ideas but I’m sure you can think of a bunch of good ones!

    I also love the idea of businesses using Twitter to become more personal to their clients, post things about themselves and post interesting links (an example of this I saw last week was how Citibank posts interesting links & def makes it more likely that customers will follow them on Twitter, like why the f else would I want to follow my bank on twitter?
    Here is a link I found from Citibank’s Twitter that I thought was interesting & thought u might too: http://www.wisebread.com/what-ive-been-trying-to-say
    This one also has some interesting posts that go to a bunch of different sites:
    http://pfbuzz.com/aggregator/categories/3

    Well my plan is to update my blog today so I won’t really write anything about myself. I absolutely love reading your blog though. I love seeing your pictures of nature (especially this beautiful tree), your beautiful kiddies, your beautiful finds, and of course your beautiful you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's some examples of stores using Twitter:
    http://www.noturnonred.org/twitter/

    I hope this topic is actually interesting to you, sorry if it's not!!

    btw the "death of a baby" story made me crack up so bad! i know it was a serious story but the whole thing all together, mostly the ending, of nathan ripping the arms off & maddy falling for it makes it hillarious. Also, i think you are a really good writer, must be all the reading you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your 2d art work is so good btw!! (i didnt want u to think i didnt like it & thats why i didnt say anything). i think it's really cool how you did the squares & the b&w on diff squares (maybe that was the assignment, but it looks really good, definitely not like something you made after just a few week of class!!.

    ReplyDelete