Tuesday, April 13, 2010

mission accomplished


Found this in the bench today, forgot I got it at goodwill about a year ago for like $2. Definitely one of my best finds ever! So I learned both hands so far today for this song...


Hopefully I will keep at it and put it together later!! Good thing no one has bought the piano yet (not really surprised...).


A few days ago Madeline built something that looked just like this. She then said, "look! It's Walmart!" (like the Walmart logo) AND she said," Walmart is for GOOD people!"
So of course we were really confused/freaked out haha. We don't shop there, and don't really watch tv so how did she learn this?? Occasionally I was letting her watch Nickelodeon so she probably saw a Walmart commercial a couple times (how does it go..good prices for good people??) So her watching tv is no more. I will only let her watch movies on netflix with no commercials. As Nathan's mom said...mission accomplished, from cradle to grave..! What a sad day when you realize how easily your kids are being influenced like this. Time to put up a good fight for the next 20 years....

2 comments:

  1. Oh but the good news, as Nathan pointed out, is that we have a very observant child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walmart is for GOOD people! aaaahh soo scary!!

    haha, good to see the positive side as well! i definitely agree with the no TV idea! you know i didn't watch any TV at all, just movies maybe once a month (not sure how often but hardly ever) until I was like 5. I certainly never felt socially awkward because of it (which is a common excuse) and don't feel like I missed out on anything; I just had more play time instead!

    you should totally put the movies Maddy watches in Spanish!! Jonny met this european girl in spain who spoke nearly perfect english just because she grew up watching cartoons in english. this case might not be that common, but I definitely think kids can learn a ton just by hearing and watching, because that's how we learn our native language!

    Anyway, enough of this overdone speech. Great job on the Van Morrison songs!! That is so impressive that you already learned the hands. Now what is left? Incorporating your feet? hehe
    I think I remember you finding that song book at Goodwill- awesome find!

    ReplyDelete