- In October 2006, Russell Pearce forwarded an email from National Alliance, a white separatist group, to a group of supporters. The email titled "Who Rules America" [8] criticized black and white intermixing and Jews in the media for promoting multiculturalism and racial equality, for depicting "any racially conscious White Person" as a bigot, and for presenting the Holocaust as fact.[9] He quickly apologized. The article reports, "He does not agree with the sentiments in the article, but that the title and the first paragraphs about media bias appealed to him. He said the article had been forwarded to him by someone else and he would not have sent it if he had read it in its entirety."[9] He stated in one of his apologies, "Ugly the words contained in it really are. They are not mine and I disavow them completely. Worse still, the website links to a group whose politics are the ugliest imaginable."[9]
- In April 2008, Pearce sponsored a measure, Senate Bill 1108, that would prohibit students of Arizona universities and community colleges from forming groups based in whole or part on the race of their membership. Pearce said he didn't want students indoctrinated with seditious or anti-American teachings. The bill would ban groups that serve minority interests such as the Mexican American study program and the Black Business Students Association. [10][edit] Personal life
Russell Pearce lives in Mesa, Arizona[11] with his wife, LuAnne. He has five children, Dodi, Sean, Colten, Justin, and Joshua.[1] In 1980, LuAnne filed a petition for dissolution of marriage alleging that he: "is possessed of a violent temper, and has from time to time hit and shoved the wife, the last time being on February 3 [1980], when he grabbed the wife by the throat and threw her down." [12]. However, LuAnne reconciled with her husband and they remain married to this day.
I find it very disturbing that a man who is possibly a white supremacist wrote this new law. I don't support this law in the first place, but I was starting to get sympathetic when Jan Brewer claimed she spent weeks trying to "strengthen it's civil rights protection" and I heard the opinions of people who actually support it. But this whole thing is ridiculous. Illegals are not taking our jobs...they are doing the low paying, hard labor that many Americans think they are above. They are not hurting anyone. I'm truly dissapointed at the lack of respect Arizona is currently showing it's Latino population. What's next? Are we going to make them sew pictures of Mexican flags on their sleeves?!? Damn this stupid bill. I'm going to protest. I think about my good friend Karen, who is an illegal (I think her family is too). She's lived here since she was 12 and recently had twins in AZ (who are American citizens of course). They travel between AZ and Texas a lot so I hate to think what will happen when They get asked for "papers" at the border (you know they will get asked at the border because police probably think many illegals are fleeing AZ because of this law). Will they be deported without their children? Will they be afraid to take their children in for doctors appointments for fear that they will get asked for their papers?
No comments:
Post a Comment