So last weekend was fun, mainly because I was not forced to be in any weird holiday celebration. We spent all day just relaxing and eating a picnic at the park on Sunday with Nathan's family and it was the best. Then we went on a family bike ride, which we've been doing everyday since last week (except Wed.). I think I want to try and squeeze in a million picnics before it gets too hot because its a good way to spend time with people and not be out buying crap or sitting at home stressed about cleaning up messes and homework.
We painted brown eggs for easter and tricked the kids by giving them fruit snacks as "candy"....but then also gave them candy....
I put up my beloved ragtime sounding piano on craigslist finally. Its time to get rid of it because it's jst too big and ugly...although I love the sound of it. We might take my moms piano though because I love having a piano/want the kids to play piano.
Getting rid of this is part of my 100 things challenge..even though I plan on replacing it with another one. But my mom's piano is about half this size. Just a very simple piano.
Of course, I personally probably still own 1,000 things, but it's nice to set the bar high so that I can really get rid of the unessecary. Last week we've been dropping stuff off at goodwill practically everyday. Nathan has even pared down to the basics which is hard to beleive since he hardly had anything to begin with (besides the loads of tools in the garage).
So far i've gotten rid of:
half of my clothes
maybe a 1/3 of my shoes
all purses except 4 (2 clutches, book bag, reg purse)
hats, belts, scarves, I never wore
fit all sewing stuff into a small box, kept some good scrap fabric
half of my crafting supplies
tons of old school papers, books (going to scan old photos soon so i dont have 2 boxes lying around)
everything on my dresser (jewlry I didnt wear, perfume, trays)
all makeup except basics (foundation, blush, brushes, mascara, 2 eyeshadow cases and glitter and red lipstick for those special occasions haha)
tons of socks, old tights
random decorations
kitchen stuff
tons of old sheets/blankets
games
lots of random crap!
I hope to continue this process for a while until I learn to let go of even most of the things I decided to keep (like my 50 hair acessories....) and my new goal is to stop buying stuff...and if I need something to look for it at goodwill.
http://mnmlist.com/
i LOVE your easter baskets! they are so classic, simple, and pretty! way to not use plastic eggs and paper confetti! I'm glad you all could have a fun, but not stressful holiday! it's crazy how we stress out so much about planning and having family get-togethers on holidays that we don't get to enjoy them to the fullest. We did absolutely nothing on Easter! In fact, we slept until 2pm! I was so creeped out from Shutter Island I couldn't sleep until 6am and I ended up waking Jonny up and making him talk to me in the wee hours of the morning to get my mind off of it.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea about having lots of picnics before it gets too hot! Good job getting rid of so much stuff!