Clearing out the clutter is hard work emotionally...I know I don't need the 4 perfumes I kept on my dresser but at the same time I can't choose one! I will just use them up and not buy more than one at a time from now on. I made very good progress though. The top drawer is empty except for a box with important papers in it.
The real progress is in the closet. Cleared everything off of the shelf and donated it. Obviously it was stuff I was not using if it was just sitting up there. Just so you know, a lot of my clothes are in dirty pile!! I didn't just keep 5 things...though that would be nice. The hard part for me is the shoes. I know I don't need four pairs of boots...but cannot choose one or two. Also I have five pairs of heels and haven't decided which ones to keep...the rest are: tennis shoes I actually wear, one pair of black flats, and one pair of old sandals. I guess I don't need those hangers anymore too...I should have taken a before picture so you could see how bare the hooks are now (three bags and a couple belts) it was too much before!
Instead of getting rid of this pair of jeans I recycled them into shorts!! Now I don't need a new pair for the summer and they were free (sorta)!
WOW! i am so impressed on your closet, especially because I can remember how it was before. Your dresser top looks so nice too! It's funny how you left the cupcake! I think it's good you're not getting rid of every last thing, because, although in the getting rid of material attachments phase of minimalism you're not supposed to miss things, i know i sure would!
ReplyDeletethat is the cutest clutch btw, it reminds me of your saddle shoes. i love that style. i like your painting too!
Thanks dus! You're encouraging! I had to leave the cupcake...I can't be crazy and have 0 cute things! i don't think you would miss things really after they are out of your house...I can't even recall half of the things I donated and it's only been a week! The clutch was found by Marie and I when we were 18!! It was in a dollar bin at Mervyns and we both got one, funny because we both have the saddle shoes too...!
ReplyDelete