My second attempt at a clutch turned out well. I used the extra fabric from recovering the cafe chairs so really I only paid $1 for the zipper, which I found at Tempe Sales. I made the pattern myself but followed construction instructions from a sewing magazine I had.
I broke another needle in the process, so I'm down to my last one and I'm not looking forward to figuring out where and which type I need to get when this one breaks.
I have an extra white zipper and more interfacing left over so I think I'm going to make another smaller bag with some fabric scraps for more practice.
I also found a cool tutorial online for reclaimed leather clutch that's cute so maybe I'll grab an old leather jacket from goodwill for $1 and try that as well!
Sewing is not just for grandmas anymore, people.
OMG i am in love with this clutch!! first how awesome is it that you used your leftover fabric! ok well second because just that you could sew something that looks so nice is beyond me. it seems challenging to get it squared on the sides & sewing in a zipper is no easy feat either! you rock! i love that you put that tie on the zipper- practical for easy opening & adorable! this sounds strange but the zipper looks really nice too. it looks sturdier than most zippers today & has a classic look.
ReplyDelete& i saw that tutorial it looks anything put simple to me!